Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sunshineee

Hi friends!
Laura, I am going through the bible in a year too! We are probably doing the same readings! I love that passage that you talked about and how important it is for us to realize that God really is fighting for us, and that we can rest in that statement alone. I feel like I have been struggling with that a lot lately. About two weeks ago, the anxiety I struggle with hit a new low and I was so miserable. I literally broke down and one of my best friends here came over to talk to me and told me some of the same things you posted, Laura, about trusting God and knowing his plan for us. Ya'll, ever since then, I have been a different person! I have really been actually putting my trust in God for the first time, and it makes a world of difference! It's like I had to hit the bottom to understand.

Also, I know some of ya'll know that there was a shooting here yesterday, and it seriously was no big deal at all! It happened because of an argument over a girl, and one guy shot the other in the hand. No big deal, but I had watched the movie To Save a Life earlier that day(if you haven't seen it go rent it, it's awesome!). But anyways, it just made me think, is his life really so deprived of God that he would shoot someone over something so little? It just makes me realize that there are so many people without God in their lives and how sad that is! It is just so apparent how many people need Him right now!!

AND, I am going through quest again to be a young life leader here, and I am sooo excited about it!!

Mclean, one of my friends here and I were just talking about how God is the only love we really need, and that we are so blessed to have great friends in our life! Her and her boyfriend just broke up and she thought she wouldn't be able to listen to "God gave me you" until she realized that that goes the same for friends! God gives us our friends and family to show His love and give someone to be there for us at all times! It is just so great!

I don't know how this ended up to be so long but I LOVE ya'll so much!! I miss you all!! I can't wait to see you soon!

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment