Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"I know that you are for me!"

LISTEN :) --> "You Are For Me" by Kari Jobe       
           I absolutely LOVE that Kari Jobe song, You Are for Me (I'm so glad you posted the lyrics, Mclean!) I listen to that just about every day- literally. I feel like the Lord speaks to me the most through music, and the lyrics to this song are such a sweet reminder that God IS for us. He IS fighting for YOU daily. Wow! It blows my mind to think that the Lord is fighting for me, as many times as I fail Him.
           God's love for us is so faithful, constant, patient, merciful, and true. I have been so overwhelmed by God's love for me recently- just trying to grasp how much He really does love me.. how much He fights for me.. how much potential He sees for my life. I have always wondered if I really let the Lord love me. I know that I love Him so much, but do I let Him love me? Do I truly accept His love? I feel as if my answer would have been no a year ago, but I have slowly grown to accept that love over this past year. I feel like I have been loved so well by the ones around me, and that I have seen Christ through the way others love me.
              This year has been crazy, chaotic, stressful, joyful, humbling, and such a blessing. Some mornings I wonder how I am even going to step out of bed, because I'm so exhausted (partly because I stay up too late ha!), but I have found that If I spend time with Jesus FIRST my day looks completely different. No, this does not happen every day for me. My prayer is that I would just rest at the foot of the Cross first thing each morning.. Be STILL. Soak my day in prayer. I long for that to be true of my life DAILY. So that is something you all can be praying for in my life. I was at Young life tuesday training last night, and Jim Branch said something that really encouraged me to be true of myself. He said, " I don't leave the house until I have prayed for an hour. I know that with the number of people I will talk to, truth I will speak into other people's lives, number of times I will stumble, that I WILL need to be rooted in Jesus and prayer." Now, i know that one hour isn't going to happen every day, with the crazy schedules we have as college students. The idea of not leaving the house until I have prayed for  every aspect of my day, known and unknown, is so exciting to me. So exciting, because prayer is so powerful and I am always so anxious to see what the Lord has in store.  I know that our days fly by and we look back and wonder what we have even done with our time; but I would just encourage you all to PRAY. It's just as simple as that. Rest in Jesus' arms each morning and pray, listen, weep, laugh! Jesus has more than we could ever imagine in store for each of our lives-even on the days we cant imagine making a difference in the lives of others because of our own messes.
         I am a firm believer in the power of prayer. I am praying for each of you. Praying that you all will be warriors in fighting your own battle! I am so thankful the Lord has placed each of you in my life. Love Love LOVE you, sweet sisters in Christ! :)
     

No comments:

Post a Comment